Member of the Month – December 2014
Name: Cory Fisher
Member Since: February 2012
What are your fitness goals for the rest of 2014 and 2015?
· Maintaining a healthy diet
· Becoming leaner
· Building more muscle
· Running a 5K without walking
What is your weekly workout routine?
· Monday – Upper body and 30 minutes on treadmill (walking)
· Tuesday – Lower body and 20 minute intervals on a stationary bike
· Wednesday – 20 minute intervals on treadmill and four core exercises in a circuit
· Thursday – Upper body and 30 minutes on treadmill (walking)
· Friday – Lower body and 20 minute intervals on a stationary bike
· Saturday – 20 minute intervals on the treadmill and four core exercises in a circuit
· Sunday- Rest
What keeps you motivated?
The wellness specialists here at CHI! Not only do they keep me motivated but also answer any questions that I have about health and fitness. I really couldn’t have achieved what I have so far without them always lending a helping hand. Whether it be just spotting me on different lifts, or pushing and encouraging me to get one last rep in, or teaching me proper form on my core exercises, I feel I can always count on them.
Do you have a success story to share?
Starting a healthier lifestyle in my 30’s has not been an easy task. I have had a lot of ups and downs. In the first year of working out I was able to drop 40 pounds and even quit smoking! In the second year I decided to focus more on weight training which has resulted in gaining most of the weight back in muscle.